Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Pick Of The Pops From One Who Knows



Thanks to Ms Caroline de Lone (I dedicated Crushed, my Young Adult novel to her) for recommending some of her favourite current music acts to me. I adore the track, "One More Time" from Daft Punk's "Discovery Album". This track has a special poignancy for me. After Caroline and her dad, Austin de Lone performed with his "All Star Band" at the Porretta Soul Festival last summer, the de Lones stayed with me in the U.K. before returning to Mill Valley. Coco and I made a soft focus video for YouTube, dancing 'exquisitely' to "One More Time" in my office. Sadly, this 'masterpiece' can not be seen by the public as my YouTube account has now been made private.

Other recommendations from Caroline include All American Rejects, Death Cab For Cutie, Norah Jones (Coco sings her song, "Come Away With Me" beautifully), and Lady Gaga (a title after my own heart!).

No comments: